Harmonic density engine
The Protostar is the evolution of the Super FatMan envelope filter with even more pro level features. Built in LFO, 4 filter modes, full CV patch bay, and expression/CB input, this is the most powerful/versatile envelope filter on the planet. Also includes an end of chain compressor and dry wet mix for parallel filtering/compression effects!
Attack - How fast the envelope will react
to the incoming signal. Controls both
attack and release.
Threshold - How sensitive the envelope is to the
Env Amt - Attenuverter that controls how much
the envelope will affect the frequency of
the filter, either negatively or positively.
Resonance - Synonomous with feedback or Q,
this is a boost of the frequencies around the
Freq - Also known as cutoff, this knob’s
position dictates the resting place of the
LFO Rate - Make the LFO go faster or slower
with this knob.
LFO Amt - How much the LFO will affect the
Compression - End of chain compressor squashes
the wet signal to suppress unwanted honks, and
Dry / Wet - Amount of unaffected vs. affected signal
coming through the output.
Sidechain - Direct input to the envelope follower.
Normalled to the input, use this to have the
envelope follow an external source.
Exp Out - Output for the expression pedal
input. Exp isn’t connected to any control
internally and must be patched.
- Env Out - Always sending +5V until the
envelope is triggered, bringing the voltage
down to 0V and back.
+ Env Out - Sends a CV signal following the
envelope. Signal is 0V to +5V.
LFO Out - Constantly sends the triangle
wave LFO CV signal, reacts to LFO rate knob.
LFO Rate - CV input for control over LFO rate.
Sensitivity adjustable with internal trim pot.
LFO Amt - CV input for control over LFO amt.
Freq - CV Input for control over cutoff frequency.
Feedback - CV input for control over resonance.
Expression Input (back panel) - Plug a TRS
cable from any expression pedal into this, patch
the exp out to what you want to contol, and
- Power: 9VDC, Boss Style Center Negative, 400mA. 1A supply reccomended. Do not exceed 9V.
- 1A supply recommended.
- Internal Bipolar 12V power supply.
- 0-5V nominal CV range. All inputs/outputs protected.
- LFO CV sensitivity and Compressor Gain adjustable internally.
- Relay true Bypass.
- Expression Pedal: 10k - 1M pot. TRS connection.
- Patch Points - Mono or Stereo cable. Signals are mono.
- Dimensions: 4.9" x 3.9" x 2.4"
- Every WMD product is warrantied for 12 months after purchase, but please contact us if you ever have problems. We will take care of you.