Multi-particle crowd percussion synthesizer
Originally inspired by audience applause, hip-hop samples, and classic drum machines, Fracture is a multi-particle percussion synthesizer that applies concepts from classic analogue clap circuits to granular synthesis methods.
It all starts from proprietary micro-samples we recorded specifically for this purpose and ends with an engine built to suit these samples.
Unlike our other percussion module, Chimera, which uses impulse rich samples as it’s tonal center, Fracture uses single impulse samples like claps, snaps, ping pong balls, opening a beer can, and many more. It then plays a group of similar samples back in a psuedo random order for unique hits. Density, Decay, and Tail affect tone and how “tight” your virtual clappers are to playing together.
Our goal was to design a clap percussion module covering the range from classic drum machine claps all the way to full audience applause. We ended up with a module that covers a huge range of timbres beyond claps. We hope this engine provides you with the tools to intuitively create wild percussion sounds that bring your system to life in a new way.
- Stereo output
- Control over "how many people" and " how tight" they sound together
- Built in Hall and Room reverb
- Two Trigger inputs for different types of sounds
- 3 Filter types, 3 Envelope types
- Free running, Voltage Controlled "applause" capability
- CV over all parameters
- Power: +12V = 63mA; -12V = 17mA
- Size: 8HP
- Depth: 38 mm
- Every WMD product is warrantied for 12 months after purchase, but please contact us if you ever have problems. We will take care of you.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.